Website Shepherd's Hope, Inc
The Development Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Development department in a wide variety of areas including, but not limited to:
- Finance and administrative tasks
- Special projects
- Special events
- Annual appeals
- Donor relations
- Social Media
The Development Coordinator will report to the Development Manager and VP of Philanthropy to manage fund development, donor relations and stewardship, and marketing and communications strategies for the organization. The focus of the position will be heavily administrative and support based.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative, marketing and event support for the Development Department by assisting with fundraising activities including donor and public relations, direct mail appeals, special events and marketing initiatives.
- Regularly handles confidential and non-routine information.
- Performs complex, confidential and time-sensitive support and coordinates all administrative functions.
Provides daily administrative and operational support to the department.
- Coordinates thank you letter process including drafting, writing, sending, tracking, etc. Coordinates and works with department manager on all AR, data entry of all donations in donor perfect data management system, cross referencing and creating reports to ensure accuracy on all activities related to the development department.
- Assisting manager with maintaining cash balance reports with extensive attention to detail and input and export of data and summaries. Includes updating of pledge and receivables tracking spreadsheet of all outstanding income for the organization, exports of pledge and gift reminders, and creation of all invoices for receivable income.
- Provide support for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities. Interact with constituents and assist with prospect research.
- Assist with stewardship correspondence ranging from responding to preparation of departmental letters/invitations/gifts acknowledgements/newsletters and maintaining donor filing system.
- Responsible for timely and accurate data entry in the organization’s database (Donor Perfect) and for producing necessary reports
- Assist manager with processing donor gifts including cash, pledges, in-kind, and corporate matching gifts while working closely with the Finance department.
- Support Shepherd’s Hope fundraising events which include but are not limited to working with Volunteer Program Manager, aiding with all online and registration procedures, monitoring/recording event payments, maintain reservation lists, and other related efforts.
- Work with management to support all fundraising efforts including special events, annual year end appeal, major gifts and all related efforts, as needed.
- Participate in drafting, posting and tracking social media for the organization and coordinating with departments to secure related content.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of generally accepted business, social practices and protocols and ability to interact with business, general public and donors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds
- Strong customer/member services skills
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Uphold confidentiality
- Good problem solving skills and critical thinking capability
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to make timely decisions
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others
- Solid organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to excel in fast-paced, changing, and challenging environments
- Strong computer competency and document management skills with excellent skills in excel and with preferred donor database systems (Donor Perfect preferably)
- College degree and minimum 1 year of professional office experience preferred.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point), including the ability to create tracking spreadsheets and update formulas in Excel documents.
- Experience with online social media tools including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with database and customer relations management software (experience with Donor Perfect preferred).
- Skills with Photoshop, InDesign, Constant Contact and WordPress preferred but not required.
- Organized, efficient, reliable and detail-oriented with strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to teamwork.
- May be required to work an occasional evening and/or weekend for special events and to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Development Coordinator must have strong administrative and communication skills to successfully support the Organization and all fundraising activities. Organization skills are also a must, as the development coordinator often handles many unique tasks at once. Additionally, they must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and database management platforms as these are essential to the success of this position. A bachelor’s degree or more in a field related to administration, communications, business administration, non-profit management or the organization’s mission typically is preferred.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.