Director of Education and Employment Services
Website Goodwill Industries of Central Florida, Inc.
Goodwill Industries of Central Florida is a large and diverse nonprofit organization. A career at Goodwill blends service with professional advancement – whether you aim to join retail, donor services, business services or professional administration, you’ll work with a team of dedicated individuals serving a common purpose: to get people with barriers to employment, “Building Lives That Work”.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Vocational & Community Services, the Director of Community Employment Services is responsible for planning, organizing, supervising, coordinating and evaluating Goodwill’s community-based employment services programs. Major duties include marketing and promoting Goodwill’s Community Employment services throughout Goodwill’s six-county assigned territory, monitoring program performance, supervising staff, maintaining an awareness of the local labor market and the local economy, and ensuring that all agency and department policies and procedures are followed.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Market Job Connection Centers and vocational services provided at the Orange County Neighborhood Center for Families (NCF) to potential referral sources, community partners, and throughout the community to ensure a steady stream of appropriate candidates for the programs.
- Ensure that program locations are physically and programmatically accessible, safe and up-to-date; ensure that each location is properly furnished and staffed.
- Ensure that all Job Connection Centers and staff of the Neighborhood Centers maintain up-to-date client information in the department’s client information system.
- Ensure that reports and program documents are prepared in accordance with established agency standards and in compliance with all requirements for confidentiality.
- Ensure that all required client demographic information is accurately recorded in the department’s client information system to provide data for the department’s monthly client census, quarterly outcome measurement, and GII’s Annual Statistical Report (ASR).
- Supervise and maintain program performance through the analysis of client data and program indicators.
- Supervise and monitor staff’s progress in reaching established enrollment and placement goals and/or billable hours for each center.
- Participate in the staff selection process and ensure effective training, supervision, and performance evaluation of staff.
- Maintain an accurate awareness of general conditions of business, the labor market and the economy.
- Assist in the development and delivery of agency in-service training and promotional activities.
- Demonstrate consistently professional demeanor in speech, actions and appearance, serving as a role model for participants, staff and co-workers and community partners.
- Promote an environment of cooperation and support where creativity and innovation are encouraged for participants, employees, co-workers, partners, and other stakeholders and customers.
- Ensure that all services demonstrate consistent application of the five (5) principles of Self Sufficiency: urgency, responsibility, practice, continual learning, and motivation.
- Assist in identifying new sites for Job Connection Centers and in re-locating to new sites.
- Assist in writing and preparing applications for grants and in the development and delivery of agency in-service training and promotional activities.
- Assist in the development and control of the department’s operating budget.
- May serve as department representative on the agency safety committee and fulfill responsibilities as assigned by the committee.
- Maintain a working knowledge of CARF requirements and standards regarding client case records and program issues.
- Maintain accurate and thorough working knowledge of Goodwill’s Job Club curriculum and philosophies, and the department’s policies and procedures, recommending revisions as needed.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Social Services, Education, Business or related field is required. Master’s degree in related field is preferred. A minimum of five (5) years’ program management experience, including a minimum of three (3) years’ supervisory experience.
License and Certifications
Valid Florida Driver’s License with an insurable driving record and current private auto insurance policy.
To apply for this job please visit goodwillindustriesofcentralflorida.applytojob.com.