Lead Grant Writer
Website Orlando Science Center
Full-time position. Responsible for a grant program that raises approximately $2M annually from private, government and corporate grants, in addition to comprehensive campaign goals upwards of $4M per year. This is a full-time position that reports to the Director of Strategic Partnerships and works collaboratively with senior staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Writes and prepares all grant proposals, letters of interest, and reports.
- Meets multiple grant submission and reporting deadlines continuously.
- Identifies and secures new and ongoing sources of grants funding, as well as tracking and maintaining all existing foundation and government funding sources.
- Gathers and prepares all ancillary materials to accompany grants (budgets, bios, charts, statistical data, etc.).
- Researches prospective grant funding sources to assess compatibility with organization’s goals.
- Utilizes project management system and database to maintain accurate and timely reporting in collaboration with the Education, Finance, Visitor Experience, and Development staff.
- Works as a member of the development team assisting in implementation of other activities as needed.
- Works as a member of a development team assisting staff in implementation of other activities as needed.
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing, English, Journalism, Non-Profit Management, Marketing, or a related field.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in creative writing or fundraising.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Strong contributor in team environments.
- Excellent writing and research skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and respond to changing needs.
Expected Hours of Work:
- Monday through Friday, with ability to participate in weekend and after-hours events.
5% travel throughout Orange County.
Apply by emailing resume to: [email protected].
To apply for this job email your details to HRSpecialist@osc.org